New Addition: DJ Ranger
Saturday, March 2nd 2013
We're pleased to announce another new addition to our staff, DJ Ranger (who some of you may know as Stormpsych)! Make sure you tune in for DJ Ranger's debut show on Saturday, March 22nd from 6pm to 9pm EST. And be sure to give a Capester welcome to him in the new
DJ Ranger section of the forums!
CapeCon 2013: Family Reunion
Wednesday, February 27th 2013
Event Date: Saturday, July 13th 2013
Don't forget to RSVP for CapeCon 2013: Family Reunion, happening on July 13th, 2013 in Chicago at Alice's Lounge. Everything kicks off at 8pm CST!
Visit the Official Thread for more details.
Looking for a hotel? We have a thread for that, too.
Monday, November 5th 2012
Over the course of November, expect to see changes in the forum, general site navigation, and maybe even some shows as we prepare for the sun-setting of City of Heroes and new dual-game focus of Champions Online and The Secret World. Many of these changes will include overall site and forum organization improvements, but individual alterations will be unannounced. So, if you find yourself thinking something is missing or broken over November, take a moment to look around--it may have just moved! If something is obviously askew, please contact Attercap (contact info available on our staff page).
The Future of The Cape
Saturday, October 6th 2012
Thank you, thank you, thank you all for your feedback via the survey we had for you. As promised, here are the results:
The Cape will retain its name, its IP address, and its stream address and will branch into The Secret World and Champions Online. Both games were clear leaders in the results and it would be a disservice to the community for us to support one, but not the other.
We understand there will be those that are not happy with this decision. It was not an easy decision to make, I assure you! But, we do hope that you will join us for this adventure and keep an open mind to the possibilities. We will need dedicated players in both games--you are the reason we exist and we are here to support you and your creativity.
There will be necessary staff realignments--you will be privy to the information when it is appropriate and we will do our best to keep you in the loop as best as possible. Growing pains are inevitable; please work through them with us.
To the Future
Since our home is being ripped from us, unceremoniously, we cannot afford that happening again. This is part of the reasoning behind moving to a dual-game format. If one of our games goes under, we still have the other game while we seek a replacement. By servicing both games, we open the opportunity to invite new listeners to our station and into our family. We hope that you will embrace them just as we have done in the past. We are working on implementing an IRC channel into our current web design so that we can always chat with each other, regardless of what universe we're in.
We thank you, again, for your dedication and participation in this monumental decision. We embrace our past, for it is what has made us, but we look to the future for what we will become.
You can discuss this in our forum.
The Cape's City of Heroes Audio
Thursday, October 4th 2012
In the eight years supporting the Virtue community of City of Heroes, The Cape produced a multitude of audio files. Some were made available to the public, while many stayed behind "locked doors." In honor of the game's sunsetting, we've compiled 283 files of Public Service Announcements, commercials, DJ bumpers and much more. Visit the new City of Heroes Audio page to download individual clips or in a single 483mb audio file.
Twitter and Facebook
Wednesday, September 12th 2012
Are you tired of leaving the Cape site to see our most recent posts on Twitter or Facebook? We hate seeing you leave us, too. That's why we've added our new Recent Tweets and Facebook Feed pages!
Friday, June 1st 2012
If you're one of those people who want the information to come to you, rather than you going to the information then The Cape's got your back. Over the past few months, we've updated some of the more popular parts of this site with RSS feeds.
For any forum or "over-forum", you can access an RSS feed link on the top right corner of the page (under the "You Are Here" section).
If paying attention to confirmed events and special DJs shows is more your thing, we've introduced an Upcoming Events RSS feed, too!
Looking for more or have any site or RSS suggestions for us? Contact Attercap or talk about it in our forums!
The Cape Radio Street Team
Friday, January 1st 2010
The Cape Radio is proud to announce The Cape Radio Street Team. If you've ever wanted to take a more active role in the Cape community this is your chance to pitch in and help. We are currently accepting applications from interested listeners who want to become part of the Street Team.
As we have been expanding we have realized that we need help. It is our intention to utilize the talents and energy of you, the Cape Radio listeners. If you think that you can help with any of the following then please consider applying:
Creating event fliersThe pay sucks, but the benefits to everyone are tremendous! Please see the information here in our forums.
CapeRadio Global Channel and Forum Listener Policies
Thursday, May 14th 2009
Registration is a fast and easy process, and is required in order to post. It is not required to simply view most forums. Any personal information you provide in your profile that isnít set to be publicly viewable will be kept confidential.
In order to cut down on confusion, only Cape staffers may use the abbreviation "DJ" in their forum names. If you register a username which includes "DJ," we will remove that designation from your name and notify you via your registered e-mail address.
Please avoid using swear words or obviously offensive words in your username.
We wish to keep both the [CapeRadio] global channel and our Cape forums welcoming and enjoyable for listeners and staff alike. To that end, everyone who is a member of the channel and/or the forum needs to abide by the following rules. All of these rules can be boiled down into two fundamental concepts: Respect for others, and self-control.
1. Respect your fellow players. No personal attacks, name-calling or insults. Disagree agreeably.
2. Respect the staff. If you are not enjoying a DJ's show, you can turn it off. At any given time there will be X number of people who are enjoying it, and Y number of people who are not. Neither group is wrong. Also, see No. 6.
3. Resolve your disputes with other players in private. Take it to /tells or private messages. [CapeRadio] and our forums are supposed to be as stress- and drama-free as possible.
4. If that doesn't work, talk privately to a staffer. If it is a purely personal matter, however, that's not our purview. You'll have to work it out yourself.
5. Resolve your disputes with staffers in private. If you do not agree with how a staffer has moderated a dispute, abide by the staffer's directions, and speak to them in private. If you are not satisfied with outcome of that discussion, continue to follow the staffer's directions, and speak with management at the earliest opportunity. Management will review the incident and, if deemed necessary, take action.
6. Listen to what the staff tells you. We take a light hand in moderating the channel and the forum, but if one of us asks you to stop a particular line of conversation or type of behavior, you need to stop. Here are the steps we will typically take, in order. This can vary on a case-by-case basis:
- 1. You will be given a polite warning.
- 2. You will be given a firm warning and/or put on probation.
- 3. You will be silenced/have your posting privileges revoked.
- 4. You will be kicked from the channel/banned from the forum, probably permanently.
7. Understand that mature topics are a part of life. Inevitably, certain things will offend certain people. If the moderators do not say anything and you are offended, talk privately to the person who made the offending comment. If that doesnít resolve the issue, talk privately to a staffer.
8. To the roleplayers: [CapeRadio] is, and always has been, an OOC channel. Anything said in the global channel should not be taken ICly.
9. And now, the standard disclaimer: The Cape staff reserves the right to silence, kick or ban players for any reason.
CapeRadio is our home. We have invited you into it. Please follow these simple guidelines and help our home be a place of fun, enjoyment, and entertainment -- the way it is intended to be. Thank you for listening and, as always, thank you for choosing The Cape!
We welcome your questions or concerns. Please feel free to contact one or both of the following:
DJ Templar, Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
DJ Angel, Assistant Manager: email@example.com
Global channel [CapeRadio] information
Monday, August 21st 2006
Staffers and listeners alike use CapeRadio, our global channel, to chat during shows and events, and about nearly anything else that tickles people's fancies.
The only requirement is that you remain respectful of other people.
Joining is easy -- just send a Cape DJ your global handle with a request to join the channel!
Note for the roleplayers out there: [CapeRadio] is an OOC channel. Enjoy!