Get Connected:
Now Playing: Listeners:
YOU ARE HERE: Board index » The Cape Radio: Current Staff » DJ Anarchy

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:57 am
Unanswered posts | Active topics

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: V:TM Clan Music Lists
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:32 am 

So....the clan music lists that we talked about in chat... Yeah, I decided to get started on them. The criteria which I established for myself is the following: 13 clans with 10 tracks per clan. Music has to reflect the clan in overall sound and/or theme. And I'll do my level best not to use the same music group twice.

I decided to get started with Clan Nosferatu....and dear lord did I have to dredge heavily through the music collection to find some choice tracks. So, without further ado, here we go:

Kristeen Young "Rotting On the Vine" - Off of the 'Music From the Succubus Club' V:TM album, it's one of the few tracks on the album that represented its' clan well with its disjointed beats and wailing that blends horror and beauty very well.

Klute "Incest" - Heavy handed and highly creepy music from Claus Larsen of Leæther Strip fame. You almost want to take a long, scalding shower after listening to it.

Headscan "Lolife" - While, overall, it sounds very clean and high tech, the vocals strike me as very beastly...very Nosferatu, in my opinion.

Leæther Strip "Come Out Tonight" - Off of the album 'Legacy of Hate and Lust', it's not as disgusting sounding as 'Incest', but it still has an overall diseased sound to it.

BiGod 20 "The Bog" - An old school industrial tune that always struck me as belonging to Clan Nosferatu. I see swamps as a rural Nosferatu's home and the story of a swamp coming to life to swallow up an intruder lends to it.

Ministry "Breathe" - An ugly song that centers around something the Nosferatu are keenly aware of...petrochemical wastelands.

Wumpscut "Rise Again" - I picked this not just for the ugly sound to it. It was chosen for its use of samples from the movie 'Shadow of the Vampire', which is the pseudo-biography of the movie 'Nosferatu'.

Nine Inch Nails "Reptile" - The main reason why I chose this song is because a while back, I remember reading that Nosferatu had skeletal systems similar to reptiles, which immediately brought this song to mind.

Psyclon Nine "Heartworm" - A dirty, dirty song from a dirty, dirty sounding group.

Bile "In League" - I kept trying to push this song from my mind for this list....but like a bad rash, it kept coming back. I think it has a lot to do with the line of "we are the congress of the new disease".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:42 am 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: nagimalice
Curious. I am interested to see what other bodies float this way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:55 am 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: princess_aelya
Twitter: RidiaBledpetal
Indeed! Your work on this is fascinating. (and appreciated ;))

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:38 pm 

Ok, next clan....Brujah. Where I had a problem finding plenty of music to choose from with the Nosferatu, I have the reverse problem with the Brujah. I had a serious glut of music to pick from, making it really hard to narrow this list down to 10 songs for the clan.

So, I just went with my gut. And here we go.....(please don't kill me for leaving anything out. {: | )

Pop Will Eat Itself “Everything’s Cool” - From the album "Dos Dedos Mi Amigos", the whole album is mostly about railing against the British Royal Family. This song is a particular favorite of mine, though.

Prong “Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck” - Off the album "Cleansing", it's a song I've arrived to many a Live Action game blaring into the parking lot.

The Prodigy “Their Law” - A killer little guitar riff and an awesome breakbeat punctuated with the line "F%&k em and their law"...Brujah, through and through.

Ministry “Burning Inside” - Being the easiest clan to bring to frenzy, this song immediately comes to mind when it concerns the Brujah.

Otep “Confrontation” - Taking a page out of your book, Rids, I went with this Otep track mainly because it's as.....well......confrontational.....as the Brujah get.

Pantera “Mouth For War” - C'mon...it's Pantera. How can they NOT be on this list? (Of course, that could be said about dozens of other bands.)

Black Flag “Rise Above” - I figured some old school punk needed to be represented when talking about the Brujah.

Biohazard “Human Animal” - Most of their music dealt with the brutality of urban life, so I went with a track that reflected that inner rage.

Nine Inch Nails “Burn” - "This world rejects me. This world threw me away. This world never gave me a chance. This worlds gonna have to pay." A song about being rejected by society and looking to tear it all down? Sounds pretty Brujah to me.

Megadeth “Hook In Mouth” - A song that's railing against the evils of censorship, particularly Tipper Gore and the PMRC, so great Brujah material. Not to mention, the bass is AWESOME!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:00 pm 

And next on the list is Clan Malkavian.

NeuroticFish “They’re Coming to Take Me Away” - I feel I did really well to steer clear of the silliness. This song is the closest I came. The song, in general, kept wanting so bad to be on the list. So, I compromised and grabbed a nice dance industrial cover of it.

Faith No More “Falling To Pieces” - It was either this, "Midlife Crisis", or "Epic". But, I figured FTP fit best with the clans fractured psyches.

Skinny Puppy “Tormentor” - Really, in all honesty, most Skinny Puppy tracks could easily fit on this list. This one just happens to be a favorite of mine.

Collide "The Lunatics Have Taken Over the Asylum" - Yeah...just....yeah....

Ministry “Just One Fix (W.S.B./12” Edit)” - A song about addiction/obsession with samples from William S. Burroughs and Peter Fonda screaming about thorazine? Yes, definitely primetime Malkavian music.

Death Method “White Rabbit” - Of all the recurring themes in Malkavian history, Alice In Wonderland tends to be a frequent one. This leads one to the Jefferson Airplane song "White Rabbit" and all of it's varied covers. I went ahead and picked the creepiest and best cover out there.

Emilie Autumn “Time for Tea” - My thanks to Pretty Hate for turning me onto this track which easily fits its' way into the Malkavian musical repertoire.

Fishbone “Swim” - Strange harmonies, bizarre lyrics, crunching guitars? This outlandish track earns its' spot here.

The Clay People “Paranoid” - There's already a few covers here...so may as well throw this faster paced cover of the Black Sabbath classic onto the list about fractured minds.

Leæther Strip “I Am Your Conscience” - To listen to the lyrics for this song, it growls out paranoia and multiple personalities.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:48 pm 
Cape DJ

Really want to see where you'd go with Tremere without resorting to a bunch of bad "magic" puns.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:31 am 

Atomic Gaslight wrote:
Really want to see where you'd go with Tremere without resorting to a bunch of bad "magic" puns.

Ok, with that, I decided to do up Clan Tremere's list next. Little did I know, this one was going to be a holy terror to comprise. After over 12 hours of scouring the internet and my library, I could only manage nine songs that I could be wholly satisfied with. Thankfully, MadDogMurphy slapped me in the face with a track that should have been obvious to me, but was perfect at any rate. So....let's get this list rolling.

Penal Colony “The Freemasons of Enochian Magick (Frontline Assembly Remix)” - This was the lynchpin song that was the foundation for this list. Find it and give it a listen and you'll understand why.

The Cruxshadows “Citadel (In Strict Confidence Remix)” - The song reminds me of the 'bloody, bold, and resolute' beginning days of Clan Tremere; echoed in the lyric "I will never surrender!"

Geomatic “Alternate Universe” - Weird music with creepy...almost arcane-like chanting? Sounds like clan music to me.

In Strict Confidence “One Drop” - "Last night, I stole a secret from the sleeping gods; a recipe of tyranny the human world forgot." This line alone makes me think of the theft of immortality from the Tzimisce and the diablerie of Saulot.

Suicide Commando “Hellraiser” - The song strikes me as a testament as to how quickly and mercilessly the clan would come down on an enemy, dominating and manipulating them at their whim.

Pulsa Denura “Equinox” - Honestly, this is the weakest track in the bunch, to me. The thing that hooked me is the invocations at the beginning.

Nick Cave & The Bad Seed “Red Right Hand” - Back in my days of Live Action Vampire, the Tremere were most known for their ability to boil the blood of anyone they could get a firm grip upon (AKA: Cauldron of Blood). Because of this, we attached this song to the clan back in the day.

Covenant “Ritual Noise” - From what it seems, it's a song about the rewriting and changing reality through force of will. Very Tremere, if you ask me.

Leæther Strip “Don’t Tame Your Soul” - When other vampires think of the Tremere, they think of faceless drones marching lockstep to the orders of the Council. Some Tremere are like this, sadly. But, to be known, to be respected, to be feared, and to propel oneself within the ranks of the Tremere, you have to carve yourself away from this notion and show great imagination and force of will. That's where this song comes into play.

The Police "Wrapped Around Your Finger" - The song is Tremere, through and through. They are about control, but inside and outside of the clan. And this song simply and elegantly wraps up those notions in a nice package. Thanks again to MadDogMurphy for the suggestion!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:25 pm 

Ok, next clan on the list is the very first clan I played when first edition V:TM hit the shelves. Back in the day, I had high, pretentious notions of me as an artist, so Toreador sorta came naturally to me. Thankfully, those notions have been thoroughly tempered. For this list, I went with a mix of music about beauty, sensuality, sexuality, high society, and intrigue.

Prince “Kiss” - It would have been an unforgivable crime not to include the man who is Toreador in his very nature, through and through. The tough part was picking the song to put on this list. Really, most of his music could fit in this spot, so I went with one of my favorites.

Junkie XL feat. Saffron “Beauty Never Fades (Animatrix Edit)” - The title alone spells it all out. How else would you describe a clan of vampires striving for beauty?

Portishead “Glory Box” - Slow, sensuous trip-hop at it's best; the song is reminiscent of a sultry lounge singer, purring into the microphone, which scores this track its' spot on this list.

School of Seven Bells “Kiss Them For Me” - An excellent and rather inventive cover of a Siouxsie and the Banshees classic.

David Bowie “Fame” - C'mon....how could this NOT be on the list?

Dead Can Dance “The Spider’s Stratagem” - All of DCD's music is achingly beautiful, but I chose this on title alone as a reflection of the penchance for Toreador to weave webs of social (and sometimes political) intrigue.

And One “Military Fashion Show” - This one kept tugging at my brain constantly, so I relented and said "come on in".

Informatik “Flesh Menagerie” - This is a good reflection of the hedonism woven through the clan fabric.

Annie Lennox “Cold” - With an album title like "Diva", something from it had to be put here, so I went with my personal favorite that my ex used to sing to me...so yeah, I'm a little biased.

Tori Amos “1000 Oceans” - Time to put the Tori in Toreador (see what ah did thar? hurhurhur). Anyway, in all seriousness, I had to include Tori for that painfully beautiful quality of her music. I narrowed my song choices down to this song, "Bells For Her", and "Precious Things"....and the second I started weeping uncontrollably at 1000 Oceans, I knew I had to include it.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
8 posts • Page 1 of 1