Get Connected:
Now Playing: Listeners:
YOU ARE HERE: Board index » The Cape Radio: Current Staff » DJ Anarchy

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:48 am
Unanswered posts | Active topics

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: Vampire Games
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:11 pm 

Found this trailer in a dev newsletter while going through my inbox... My first impression? "Oh, hey! Someone remade Bloodlines as a stealth game, but with shinier graphics!" XD

So... out of curiosity, have you (or anyone else) heard of any good Kin/vampire themed games that are coming out this year?

YOINK! "That whooshing sound you hear is me rushing to hijack that phrase for my sig line. Oh, hey look. :D " ~ DJ Nexus

'What is best in life?' 'To AoE your enemies, see them rooted before you, and hear the lamentations of the griefers.' ~ Nachtkat

Post subject: Re: Vampire Games
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:18 pm 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: princess_aelya
Twitter: RidiaBledpetal
Ive actually been pondering this one. Looks pretty interesting, but ive yet to play it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:40 pm 

Damn...that game looks pretty good...I want to play:) Hmmm called Dark, will have to check that out. Bloodlines mixed with a little bit of Underworld yes!!! If so, love to make a character similar to Selene (Kate Beckensale) in the Underworld movies. A warrior vampire girl, kicking butt and taking names yeah!!! Also I can see a bit of Metal Gear in that video too, now that was a fun game too.

Says this summer to be released so... possibilities...
Cheers,
Cora

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:52 am 

Cora Carmino wrote:
Damn...that game looks pretty good...I want to play:) Hmmm called Dark, will have to check that out. Bloodlines mixed with a little bit of Underworld yes!!! If so, love to make a character similar to Selene (Kate Beckensale) in the Underworld movies. A warrior vampire girl, kicking butt and taking names yeah!!! Also I can see a bit of Metal Gear in that video too, now that was a fun game too.

Says this summer to be released so... possibilities...
Cheers,
Cora
While that'd be nice, Cora, get the feeling that you'd just be stuck with the guy in the video... Most games with customizable player characters don't have voice work for said main character, or mention his name in the trailer... Sorry to dash your hopes a bit.

YOINK! "That whooshing sound you hear is me rushing to hijack that phrase for my sig line. Oh, hey look. :D " ~ DJ Nexus

'What is best in life?' 'To AoE your enemies, see them rooted before you, and hear the lamentations of the griefers.' ~ Nachtkat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:39 pm 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: princess_aelya
Twitter: RidiaBledpetal
Unfortunately this game got sweepingly bad reviews, and after i've heard so many people more or less say "This is garbage, i'm going to go play Bloodlines" i'm hard pressed to convince myself to try it out. :(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:02 am 
Cape DJ

I've got a copy on steam, but it runs really poorly on my laptop - have yet to transfer it to my desktop to try it out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:29 am 
Cape DJ

I bit the bullet (Or the neck, take your pick) And sat down and gave this one a solid try.

To the point I sat down and wrote a brief review of the experience attached to my Steam Account.

You can read it Here If you're interested.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:44 am 

Oh, here's a new one: "Blood Knights" one steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/258220/. Seems like your typical hack & slash action RPG, but that's not necessarily a bad thing... And for $15, I'd say it looks rather promising.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:59 am 

Heh...for some reason, I kept waiting for him to yell "Vae Victus!"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:16 am 

Here's a new one that's in beta on Steam... "Nosgoth." It's free-to-play team-based PvP with multiple classes, so... Kind of like TF2, but dark and gritty, and Hunters vs. Vampires instead of Red vs. Blue. :wink:

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
10 posts • Page 1 of 1