Get Connected:
Now Playing: Listeners:
YOU ARE HERE: Board index » The Cape Radio: Current Staff » DJ Anarchy

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:47 am
Unanswered posts | Active topics

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 

Steam or Twitch? Which game?
Poll ended at Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:19 pm
Steam  33%  [ 10 ]
Twitch  17%  [ 5 ]
Metal Gear Solid 5  7%  [ 2 ]
The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim  10%  [ 3 ]
Fallout 3  3%  [ 1 ]
Fallout: New Vegas  0%  [ 0 ]
Darkest Dungeon  10%  [ 3 ]
Mount & Blade: Warband  0%  [ 0 ]
Far Cry 3 (I don't have 4, sorry!)  0%  [ 0 ]
Payday 2  10%  [ 3 ]
Sleeping Dogs  0%  [ 0 ]
This War Of Mine  0%  [ 0 ]
Wasteland 2  0%  [ 0 ]
XCOM: Enemy Unknown  10%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 30
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:19 pm 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: princess_aelya
Twitter: RidiaBledpetal
As I explained during my last show, I want to play a game on Steam while I do a show, and directly involve the community in how I play.

What that means is a game is chosen for play, and come show day, i'll play it, while those that wish to take part can add me to their Steam friends list and watch me play and take part in a chat, much like Twitch. Music sets will tend to be longer than normal as to allow time for me to carry out the communities votes on in-game activities. The chosen games music would likely be bottomed out, since the show will be providing tunes, but in-game sound effects would remain audible. You can add me on Steam by the username: aelya. Anyone is free to add me to their steam friends list regardless of whether I go with Steam or Twitch for the show.

I might opt for a Twitch stream instead, depending on which folks would prefer. Either method is fairly simple, but i'd love some feedback on people's preferences there.

POLL INSTRUCTIONS: Please vote for either a Steam Stream OR a Twitch Stream, and ONE of the listed games!

After about a week, i'll move on to the next phase of planning this out. There are MANY other games I could play that are not listed, but the ones listed were chosen specifically because they are open ended enough to involve YOU all. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:28 am 

Voted and sent you a steam friend request. My steam name is madmarker.

Steam: madmarker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:14 am 
Cape DJ

Voted and added you as a friend on Steam. I'm gyronnygeek.

Roots of Rock: Thursdays 7-10 pm ET || Mischief Management (with DJ Amethyst): Saturdays 8-11 pm ET
Discord: @gyronnygeek#6937 || Facebook/Twitter/Steam: gyronnygeek || Email: gyronnygeek@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:46 am 

WLM: Dragon320@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: AncalagonM
Oh I thought of one you forgot Rids, I might I know there is a new version now, but the first Dungeon Defenders. Also voted.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:13 am 

Voted, and I think I already have everyone here friended on Steam... :wink: My Steam nick is still "Vagabond X" btw.

YOINK! "That whooshing sound you hear is me rushing to hijack that phrase for my sig line. Oh, hey look. :D " ~ DJ Nexus

'What is best in life?' 'To AoE your enemies, see them rooted before you, and hear the lamentations of the griefers.' ~ Nachtkat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:06 am 

Voted and sent a fried request, from Tremedius.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:00 am 
Cape DJ

I'm very glad to see this has garnered as much interest as it has in just the last 2 or 3 days. :) If folks want to be super helpful, help spread the word to other Capesters that this is a thing they should totally come look at and vote on. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:24 pm 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: brspheonyx
Voted, and Steam name is kxpheonyx

Ashes to ashes,
DJ Pheonyx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:55 pm 
Cape DJ

You'll never guess my Steam name! (Protip: It's Attercap)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:04 pm 

Come think of it, it'd be nice if you did a Twitch play of "Brutal Legend" sometime, Anarchy... Because METAL. 8)

It would probably help if someone gifted you a copy first, though... I guess I'll wait and see what the Steam sales are like this year.

YOINK! "That whooshing sound you hear is me rushing to hijack that phrase for my sig line. Oh, hey look. :D " ~ DJ Nexus

'What is best in life?' 'To AoE your enemies, see them rooted before you, and hear the lamentations of the griefers.' ~ Nachtkat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:16 am 
Cape DJ

No worries Vagabond, I actually already have a copy of that game. It might be something I do in the future, but for this I wanted to pick something that'd be easy to involve people in aside from just watching.

It's looking very close right now, might need to do one more round of voting with three finalists.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:51 am 

No worries, just thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Huh... Speaking of which, it just occurred to me that VtM:B would also be good game to choice for this as well... considering who the DJ is. :P Though that would have to be more of an "adult only" show, simply because of the blood, gore, and themes the game invokes at times.

Which I suppose also begs the question of "What happens if game material suddenly becomes too 'mature' for a general audience?" I realize the event is probably going to happen late at night, and that the regular listeners don't tend to care about this sort of thing, but it seems like one of those questions that should be asked anyways. :/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:03 am 
Cape DJ

Yeah...My shows are not, and have never exactly been kid friendly. It's why i've always favored evenining shows. I'd be hard pressed to put together a playlist from my library that didn't contain swears or mature themes.

That being said, VtmB isn't all that bad in terms of mature content. Pretty standard M rated stuff, imo. I'm not sure folks would want to watch me play that old dinosaur of a game anyway, as cool as it is. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:02 pm 
Cape DJ

Ok, so this poll has been running awhile, and at this point i'm going to assume whoever was going to vote has voted.

However, it seems there's several deadlocks. So what I've done is made another sticky with a final round of voting, narrowed down to 3 options. I know there were 4 in particular that got 3 votes each, but it was largely ONLY those 4 that got votes at all, so I have narrowed it down to 3 in the new stickied poll to try and avoid another tie. If a tie happens again, i'll simply pick one. I'll go ahead and close this thread and ask that folks vote in the final round here: viewtopic.php?f=104&t=12906

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
14 posts • Page 1 of 1