It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:56 am
Unanswered posts | Active topics

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Poetry Slam 6
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:05 pm 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: djonehitwonder
AOL: OneHitWonder+CoH
March is National Poetry Month, and we are long past due for another Poetry Slam!

Normally I would do this as my last show of the month, but I'll be in Florida, so that's not going to be possible. I thought about doing it on the 23rd, but that doesn't give y'all much time to find and record your poems, since I need them two weeks in advance. Then I found out that April 28th is National Poetry Reading Day. That's a Saturday, and I'll be at the Brandeis University FolkFest (hopefully) selling my jewelry so we'll just have to celebrate a day early and do the Poetry Slam during my regular show on April 27th!

Here's how a Poetry Slam works:
Record yourself reading or reciting a poem. It can be one that you wrote or just one that you particularly like. I'll match it up with a song (or you can suggest a song and make my life easier!) and play them on the air during my show on Friday, April 27th, 5pm-9pm.

You don't need a backing track, though if you want to get fancy, go ahead!

Submissions can be in .mp3 or .wav format.

Please introduce yourself and your poem at the beginning of your recording. Include the name of the poem and the author. Also, please allow about 5 seconds of silence at the end of your track so SAM's auto crossfade doesn't cut off your last word or two. If your poems needs to be disclaimered, please add that at the beginning as well. :P

You may submit as many poems as you like, however I may not be able to play them all depending on the total number of submissions I get. Please rank them in order of preference so the one(s) you really want played most will be.

Submissions should be sent to djonehitwonder@gmail.com by April 15th so I'll have time to review them, match them with songs, and put the show together.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to hearing some awesome poetry! :mrgreen:

"Some princesses are not content to sit around, waiting to be saved. Some go out looking for trouble. Others drag trouble kicking and screaming down massive towers while painting sparkles and hearts on the walls."

Rewondered - Badly Drawn Designs - Twitter - Facebook

Post subject: Re: Poetry Slam 6
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:37 pm 
Cape DJ

Just a reminder, you've got ten days! I'm going to need to prerecord this show (sorry, I won't be there live, I'll be out of town) so I really need your submissions by the deadline. :)

"Some princesses are not content to sit around, waiting to be saved. Some go out looking for trouble. Others drag trouble kicking and screaming down massive towers while painting sparkles and hearts on the walls."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:30 pm 
Cape DJ

Working on two submissions, one of which is poetry, one of which is written prose that will require three separate disclaimers, but I have been threatened if I don't submit it, so here it comes. Should be there in plenty of time.

Roots of Rock: Thursdays 7-10 pm ET || Mischief Management (with DJ Amethyst): Saturdays 8-11 pm ET
IRC: DJ_Nexus || Gaming Avatars || Facebook/Twitter/Steam/Yahoo: gyronnygeek || Google/Email: gyronnygeek@gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:57 am 
Cape DJ

I have a total of 9 submissions, but haven't had a chance to sit down and listen to them yet, so if you want to get one in, please do so ASAP! Nine isn't enough for a four hour show :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:13 pm 

I hope you got my submission, I was worried it might now have worked... was trying something new on a new piece of hardware.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:59 pm 
Cape DJ

Unfortunately, due to my schedule for the rest of the month, I will not have time to go through your submissions and put together a show in time to pre-record it for April 27th like I'd planned. So I'm going to have to postpone the show until May 11th. This gives you more time to get submissions in! I'm opening it back up until May 4th.

You'll get something else pre-recorded on the 27th, and the Poetry Slam will be live on May 11th (but I'll upload the podcast for those that have to miss it).

Thanks for your patience, I'm off to try and get a million things done between now and my show tonight. Zoooooooom! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:50 am 
Cape DJ

Walking through the open air shopping plaza near my workplace in Australia, I spotted this little Gem and immediately thought it would suit your endeavours here:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:43 pm 
Cape DJ

Get yer podcast right here! http://cape.blackboxchaos.com/podcasts/wondie/PoetrySlam6.mp3

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
8 posts • Page 1 of 1