It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:28 am
Unanswered posts | Active topics

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Mini-Hiatus
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:48 am 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: djonehitwonder
AOL: OneHitWonder+CoH
Sorry to do this so soon after I returned, but I'm currently taking two very work-intensive classes and I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed. Having those few extra hours on Tuesdays to work on the mountain of homework (especially since discussion board posts are due on Tuesdays) will help me hold on to those few remaining shreds of my sanity. Don't worry, I'll be back again when the term is over, and next term I'm only taking one class, which is my Capstone, and then I graduate!

See you in April!

"Some princesses are not content to sit around, waiting to be saved. Some go out looking for trouble. Others drag trouble kicking and screaming down massive towers while painting sparkles and hearts on the walls."

Rewondered - Badly Drawn Designs - Twitter - Facebook

Post subject: Re: Mini-Hiatus
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:41 am 
Cape DJ

The first thought I had on reading the title was "Wondie has a Mini now?"

You've got this. Get that education done, then come back.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:45 pm 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: djonehitwonder
AOL: OneHitWonder+CoH
The best laid plans...

It's been an interesting couple of months. I finished those two classes, getting an A and a C, both of which I'm pretty proud of. I've been doing tons of research for my Capstone and waiting impatiently to hear if I've been accepted to my Master's program. I have two tests to study for and take in the next month which will complete my general education requirements. It's getting down to the wire, my graduation ceremony is on June 8th and everything must be completed and turned in by June 28th (so the ceremony is really just for show, since I won't actually have earned my degree until final grades are posted in July). Yes, school is still hectic, but that's not the main reason I haven't started doing shows again.

At the beginning of March, I finally was diagnosed as ADHD and began treatment. I've been learning so much about WHY I do the things I do (or don't do, in some cases) and how to work WITH my ADHD instead of against it like I've been doing my entire life. I'm finally on a path where I feel like I have a chance of getting and staying organized so that I can actually do all the things I need and want to do without the frantic stress and overwhelm.

Unfortunately, I'm not there yet. I need to take this a little bit at a time, adding in things slowly as I get a handle on the most important ones: school, my business, and life in general. So once I get there, I'll be able to look at fitting in regular DJing again. No ETA on when that will be, but I may pop in from time to time to cover for someone or just do a random show in my normal Tuesday afternoon time slot. For now, we will just have to wait and see.

Thanks for understanding.

<3
Wondie

"Some princesses are not content to sit around, waiting to be saved. Some go out looking for trouble. Others drag trouble kicking and screaming down massive towers while painting sparkles and hearts on the walls."

Rewondered - Badly Drawn Designs - Twitter - Facebook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:35 pm 
Cape DJ

See you in May? ;)

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
4 posts • Page 1 of 1