It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:28 am
Unanswered posts | Active topics

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Ten Years of Wonder
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:23 pm 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: djonehitwonder
AOL: OneHitWonder+CoH
On July 27th, 2004, I took to the airwaves for my very first show on The Cape Radio. Hard to believe I've been a DJ for ten years (off and on, anyway).

While I'm not yet ready to commit to getting back to a weekly show yet (it seems every time I consider it, my life goes into stress overload), I would like to do something special to commemorate this anniversary. So I'll be filling in for Angel on July 25th, 9pm to midnight and hosting a bit of a celebration.

Here's what I'd like from you:

1. A short (3 minutes max) mp3 recording talking about a favorite memory from one of my shows, the first time you tuned in to one of my shows, the first time we met, etc. If you can't record, writing it out in an email for me to read on the air will work too.

2. A song request/dedication that is related to my show, such as your favorite one hit wonder, the song you ALWAYS used to request I play, the first song you heard me play, etc. Don't forget to include the reason! You can either record it as an mp3 or just write it out in an email.

3. A Top Ten List (to be read from ten to one) that somehow relates to me or my show, like your top ten favorite one hit wonders, the top ten words you think I say funny, or the top ten reasons you knew I had ADHD before I got my official diagnosis. :P Get creative!

I know it's late notice, but if you can get stuff to me by Thursday, July 24th, I should be able to get everything together before the show on Friday. So here's your chance to feed my ego and help me fill time for an anniversary show I'm totally throwing together at the last minute. :P

Send your recordings and emails to djonehitwonder at gmail dot com

Thanks!

"Some princesses are not content to sit around, waiting to be saved. Some go out looking for trouble. Others drag trouble kicking and screaming down massive towers while painting sparkles and hearts on the walls."

Rewondered - Badly Drawn Designs - Twitter - Facebook

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
1 post • Page 1 of 1