Get Connected:
Now Playing: Listeners:
YOU ARE HERE: Board index » The Cape Radio: Current Staff » Agent Crypto

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:01 pm
Unanswered posts | Active topics

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Who is Agent Crypto?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:22 am 
Cape DJ

WLM: cyrissia@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: cyrissia
AOL: Kenbo Live
Hello to all of our loyal listeners. It is an honor to be working for you. I thought that a brief introduction here might serve to help you get the most out of my shows. (...or at least understand what's going on.)

Simply put, I do things a bit differently. I won't be preannouncing each block of songs like most of our DJs. What I will be doing is playing a block of 3 to 5 related songs. Since I haven't told you in advance what the songs will be, everyone starts off with no clue what the theme will be. Throughout the course of the block the common thread will emerge. The first listener to send me an in-game e-mail will get a shout out when I reveal the block's theme at the end. If you are under level 10 a private message is an acceptable alternative.

Remember, what I am looking for is the theme that I had in mind when I assembled the block. Since you are undoubtedly more clever than I am, you might very well arrive at a better theme for the block than I have. The shout out still goes to the one who guesses my theme.

To help you better understand, here is the playlist from my test show:

Cowbell set: All songs that featured the cowbell
The Alan Parsons Project, Games People Play
Creedence Clearwater Revival, Born On The Bayou
Duran Duran, The Reflex

1976: All songs were originally released in 1976
Blue Oyster Cult, Don't Fear The Reaper
Sex Pistols, Anarchy In The U.K.
Kiss, Detroit Rock City

Covers: All songs were covers of previously recorded songs (Guessed by: DJ Phoenyx)
Pearl Jam, Last Kiss
The Bangles, Manic Monday
Johnny Cash, Hurt

First #1's: Each song was its respective artist's first #1 charting Billboard release
Nine Inch Nails, The Hand That Feeds
Guns N' Roses , Sweet Child O' Mine
Aerosmith, Going Down/Love In An Elevator

In case you are curious I do not solicit ideas for themes, but if you want to have a particular song that you'd love to have featured on my show please feel free to drop me a note and I will weave it into one of my shows in the near future.

This is an all audience participation show. You, not the music, are what drives me. Never feel intimidated to venture a guess. If nothing else it lets me know that you're listening. ...you are listening, right?

Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish. - Albert Einstein

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
1 post • Page 1 of 1