It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:05 pm
Unanswered posts | Active topics

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:04 am 
Cape DJ

WLM: cyrissia@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: cyrissia
AOL: Kenbo Live
If you have a song that you would like to hear on my show please post it below and I will weave it into a theme. No theme suggestions please. I don't want to give anyone an unfair advantage.

Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish. - Albert Einstein

Post subject: Themes Too?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:05 pm 
Cape DJ

WLM: cyrissia@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: cyrissia
AOL: Kenbo Live
Okay, I've had a lot of time to think this through and I think I'm going to be a little more flexible about the themes. Let me 'splain...

I kill trees. Don't worry, I plant shrubbery to offset the ecological damage. Every theme that I play is on its own index card and the stack of cards is about an inch thick now and growing quickly. One of these days I am going to film Nekko diving into the pile of cards and taking an index card bath, but I digress. Each card lists all of the songs and their time code. I total the times and write it at the top of the card next to the theme.

When I assemble my playlist I pull 8-10 cards that I feel work well together. I pull the ones with swears to the end and mix the difficulties. I then pare down to my time limit. Voila, show! Formula radio at its finest.

I give you all of this by way of explaining my change of heart. I realize now that any listener-submitted themes won't appear in my show immediately and, given my quirky music selections, most likely won't be any more recognizable to the person who submitted it than anyone else.

With the above as justification and the rules below, I am now also accepting theme suggestions.

1. All submissions are by PM on the boards, in-game e-mails, or IMs.
2. I decide if and when to use any listener submissions.
3. I may modify your theme to something that better fits the show that I am using it for.
4. The listener who submitted the theme may guess the theme, but is not eligible for the win.
5. Listener submissions will be credited on my forum, even if I modify the theme, but may not be credited on-air.
6. Please limit submissions to no more than one a week.
7. I may add further rules as whimsy strikes me.

It is good to note, I suppose, that I will never run out of my own themes. My intent here is to allow listeners an even greater opportunity to participate in the show.

Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish. - Albert Einstein

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
2 posts • Page 1 of 1