YOU ARE HERE: Board index » The Cape Radio: Current Staff » DJ Sultry Siren

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:21 am
Unanswered posts | Active topics

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: A little love note...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:27 am 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: sultry_siren77
Today, I stared my own mortality in the face.

This morning, I was stung by a bee and what is a simple nusiance for most people can be quickly fatal for me. It's the first time I've been stung in the last 12 or 13 years and the last time I ended up in the hospital. Luckily, my kids for once didn't ask me questions when I yelled for help and they just rushed my purse to me in the backyard. I had the stinger out within 30 seconds (yay credit cards!) and my epinephrine within another 30 seconds of that. I've spent most of the day feeling very ill, mostly side effects of the injection, but for once I didn't start having trouble breathing.

I was still terrified.

It still hurts and I'm still kinda out of it and I have a large red circle on my thigh along with a sizable bruise from the spring loaded injection, but I'm breathing and that's very very good.

I just wanted to tell you guys how much you each individually and collectively mean to me. Sure we may get on each other's nerves from time to time, but what family doesn't have that happen? You are all very special. Thank you for always being so welcoming and wonderful.

xoxo,
Sultry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:29 am 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: dj_shecky
AOL: shecky919
Thank god you're ok. *Hugs*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:13 am 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: djonehitwonder
AOL: OneHitWonder+CoH
*HUGS*

This is one thing that terrifies me. I have never been stung myself, but my mother and my cousin are both allergic, so I may be as well. I still remember when I was about 12 and we were all picking apples and they both got stung and had to be rushed to the ER. Luckily they were both fine.

So glad you're okay, you mean a lot to us too! And I have to echo your sentiment to everyone else. Too often, we forget to tell people in our lives how much we care, and I want to thank each and every one of you for being a part of my life.

"Some princesses are not content to sit around, waiting to be saved. Some go out looking for trouble. Others drag trouble kicking and screaming down massive towers while painting sparkles and hearts on the walls."

Rewondered - Badly Drawn Designs - Twitter - Facebook

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:58 am 
Cape DJ

Ow! Glad you're OK! I'm surprised that I'm not allergic. Got stung by an entire nest of wasps when I was 6. Still have some scars behind my ears from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:35 am 
Cape DJ

Well, I've discovered that I dodged more than one bullet...I pulled out my box with my spare epi pin and found that they're both expired by about 8 months. I can't tell you how incredibly lucky I feel to be breathing and not hospitalized today.

I also feel incredibly stupid for not checking the damn box that has lived beside my monitor for the last god knows how long. Obviously I'm calling for a new refill in the morning.

I've still got a nasty reaction on my leg and a kickass bruise, but I'll take it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:52 am 

WLM: ryuen_tran@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: ryuen_tran
AOL: Ryuen+Tran
Yikes! Talk about cutting it close! Glad to see that you managed to dodge Death multiple times!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:27 am 

Ya know many many (MANY) moons ago I was told I had an allergy to bee sting after getting stung and swelling up real bad. It's been over 20 years since I was last stung. Maybe I should have a doctor check that again for me and see if I should be keeping an epi pen around. They say these things don't mellow with age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:55 am 
Cape DJ

Definitely a good idea...when I was little, I wasn't allergic to bees at all and my little brother was and now I'm deathly allergic and he doesn't even swell up at all. It's actually fairly common for allergies to play switcheroo when you hit puberty and you can develop new ones along the way as you're an adult. (joy.)

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
8 posts • Page 1 of 1