Get Connected:
Now Playing: Listeners:
YOU ARE HERE: Board index » The Cape Radio: Current Staff » DJ Nexus

It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:29 pm
Unanswered posts | Active topics

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 5:37 am 
Cape DJ

On May 7, 2015 I will be introducing a new feature and running contest to my show called “Trivia for Tunes.” During the sixth talk break in my show (around 8:40 pm Eastern) I will give you a trivia question dealing with a Hall of Fame inductee. The first person to PRIVATE MESSAGE me in IRC with the correct answer will get a shout-out at the talk break following their answer. During my last show in August, I will draw a name from all the winners and that person will get to program an entire show of their choice of music from my full library of over 125,000 songs. If you pick a song that I don’t have, I’ll do my best to get it for your show! I will start the contest over in September, drawing a new winner during the last show of December, and so on every four months for three chances to win a shot at programming a show every calendar year!

Here are the rules.

1. I will accept answers ONLY in private message in IRC. Messages sent in-game or publicly in the IRC channel will be disregarded.

2. If a question is not answered by the end of my show, I will post the question in its own thread in my forum. First person to respond in the forum with the correct answer gets their name in the drawing for the week.

3. Using a web search to find the answer is perfectly acceptable and encouraged!

4. An individual can win the weekly contest multiple times during a four month drawing period. Each win increases your chances in the drawing!

5. An individual can win the drawing only once in a twelve month period.

6. Because my show runs during prime time, I reserve the right to review the drawing winner’s chosen playlist for excessive examples of explicit language and questionable content prior to airplay. If songs are deemed inappropriate for a prime time show, I will work with the drawing winner to air an acceptable substitute.

Roots of Rock: Thursdays 7-10 pm ET || Mischief Management (with DJ Amethyst): Saturdays 8-11 pm ET
IRC: DJ_Nexus || Gaming Avatars || Facebook/Twitter/Steam/Yahoo: gyronnygeek || Google/Email: gyronnygeek@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:50 am 
Cape DJ

The first cycle of the Trivia for Tunes weekly trivia contest is over! I want to thank everyone that participated throughout the contest, and wanted to give one more shoutout to our weekly winners:

5/7 - Jo Kitty
5/21 - Xyzandra
5/28 - Konstantia
6/4 - TremDei
6/11 - Melamber
6/18 - Konstantia
6/25 - Konstantia
7/2 - Upstart
7/9 - Konstantia
7/16 - Xyzandra
7/23 - Rayne Squirrel
7/30 - Mrwrk
8/13 - Vagab0nd
8/27 - Xyzandra

At the end of the cycle, the name drawn out of the hat to win the chance to program a full three-hour show of their own was ... Xyzandra!

Congratulations, Xyzandra! I'm looking forward to working with you to get your show on the air.

In the meantime, a new four-month-long cycle of weekly trivia questions is underway, with the winner for the next chance to program a show coming in early January.

Be sure you tune into "Roots of Rock" on Thursdays from 7-10 pm ET for your chance to win!

Roots of Rock: Thursdays 7-10 pm ET || Mischief Management (with DJ Amethyst): Saturdays 8-11 pm ET
IRC: DJ_Nexus || Gaming Avatars || Facebook/Twitter/Steam/Yahoo: gyronnygeek || Google/Email: gyronnygeek@gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:45 am 
Cape DJ

I am VERY late getting this up, but i wanted to recognize all the people that won the shoutout during the second cycle of the Trivia for Tunes weekly trivia contest, which ran from September to December, 2015.

9/10 - Konstantia
9/24 - Monsoon
10/8 - John-Andre
10/22 - TremDei
10/29 - Mrwrk AND Konstantia (their answers were received simultaneously)
11/5 - Mrwrk
1112 - Mrwrk
11/19 - Mrwrk
11/26 - TremDei
12/10 - Mrwrk
12/17 - Konstantia

The winner of the drawing to program their own full show was Monsoon!

I want to congratulate Monsoon on winning the drawing and everyone that won the weekly contests!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:50 am 
Cape DJ

This is VERY late in being posted, but I wanted to give one more shoutout to the weekly winners of the Trivia for Tunes weekly trivia contest for the third cycle from January to April 2016.

1/7 - Lyla
1/21 - Lyla
1/28 - Lyla
2/11 - TremDei
2/18 - Lyla
3/3 - Mrwrk
3/24 - Mrwrk
4/21 - Mrwrk
4/28 - Lyla

The winner of the change to program a full three hour show of their own music was Lyla!

Lyla, congratulations on winning the contest, and congratulations to everyone who won the weekly shoutouts!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:57 am 
Cape DJ

Tonight, we held the drawing for the fourth cycle of the Trivia for Tunes weekly trivia contest. Before revealing the name of the drawing winner, however, I want to give one last shoutout to those who have won the weekly contests in the last four months of this contest cycle.

5/5 - Mrwrk
5/12 - Mrwrk
5/19 - Mrwrk
5/26 - TremDei
6/2 - Mrwrk
6/9 - Mrwrk
6/16 - Mrwrk
6/23 - Mrwrk
6/30 - TremDei
7/7 - Mrwrk
7/15 - Mrwrk
7/28 - Konstantia
7/21 - Xyzandra
8/4 - Oz
8/11 - Mrwrk
8/18 - White Nightingale
8/25 - Desi_Nova

The winner of tonight's drawing for the chance to program a full three hour show of their own music is Mrwrk!

Congratulations, Mrwrk, for winning the drawing, and congratulations to all those who won each week during this cycle.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:04 am 
Cape DJ

Tonight I announced that, after much deliberation, I am going to put the Trivia for Tunes contest on hold for the next four months. As of this writing I now owe three shows to Xyzandra, Lyla, and Mrwrk, and I wasn't relishing the thought of working on being four shows in the hole. So, for the next four months, I will be concentrating on getting the shows I owe on the radio so we can start the contest again in January, if there's still listener interest.

I want to thank everyone that's participated in this segment of my show over the past 16 months. I've truly enjoyed bringing you these weekly snippets of trivia and I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have.

We'll see where we are four months from now. I'd really like to bring this segment back once my backlog of winners is taken care of.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:52 am 

Kitten Victory! *joysplodes*

(Given her bouts of mania about this contest, you have some idea how excited she is about this. I am just as stoked as my fuzzy alter ego. Because I am pretty obsessive, I have a list picked out tenatively already. We will be in touch. Just as soon as Mrwrk reassembles her atoms. And once I am home with access to my excel sheet)

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
7 posts • Page 1 of 1