YOU ARE HERE: Board index » The Cape Radio: Current Staff » DJ Amethyst

It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:39 am
Unanswered posts | Active topics

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: You are never alone
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:32 pm 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: wyldturtle
I took a call today from a mother who was taking money from the estate account to buy a headstone for her son. She is the beneficiary for her son's account. He had no spouse. He had no children. He was 21 years old. He killed himself the month after he turned 21.

I have been where that boy was. I have felt like there is no other way out of the pain. I have been there more than once.

I want you all to know that if you ever -EVER- need someone to talk to because things seem so bleak or desperate that there seems no option out you can talk to me. Any time. My on-line contact information is available on the staff page, as well as in my sig line.

If you feel you need more help than I can provide (and I hold no grudges if that's the case, honest) I urge you to please reach out to local authorities or the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention at 800-273-TALK (8255).

Champions Online: DJ Amethyst
Neverwinter: Aeryn de Sagyere

YIM: wyldturtle
e-mail: wyldturtle@gmail.com

Don't ask the questions you don't want the answers to.

Post subject: Re: You are never alone
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:31 pm 
Cape DJ

DJ Amethyst wrote:
I took a call today from a mother who was taking money from the estate account to buy a headstone for her son. She is the beneficiary for her son's account. He had no spouse. He had no children. He was 21 years old. He killed himself the month after he turned 21.

I have been where that boy was. I have felt like there is no other way out of the pain. I have been there more than once.

I want you all to know that if you ever -EVER- need someone to talk to because things seem so bleak or desperate that there seems no option out you can talk to me. Any time. My on-line contact information is available on the staff page, as well as in my sig line.

If you feel you need more help than I can provide (and I hold no grudges if that's the case, honest) I urge you to please reach out to local authorities or the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention at 800-273-TALK (8255).

This. So very this.

I got the call from Wyld after she got the call from the mom. There is a joke that goes between us, that I am the big weepy thing, because I cry at Kleenex commercials, and she is the one with the stone heart, because she so rarely shows emotion. She was in pieces. This really, really got to her, and her telling of it got to me, and now reading it again is getting to me all over again.

My Yahoo ID is sardonic.paladin - I am almost always online. Find me. If things are so desperate that you need to talk, and you don't have Yahoo, DOWNLOAD IT. When things are better, you can get the damn thing off your computer. But get in touch with someone that will listen, that will not judge, and that will love you unconditionally. If you can't find that, HIT THAT TOLL FREE NUMBER.

You ARE not alone. There ARE people that will listen, and that will understand. I am one of them. I have been hospitalized for suicidal ideations literally more times than I can accurately count anymore. I have never tried - I have always known when the time came for me to seek help in whatever form that takes - but KNOW THIS. It takes a HELL of a lot of strength to admit that you need help, and more courage than most people have to reach out for it.

YOU ARE STRONGER THAN YOU THINK YOU ARE.

I'm here when you need me, and so is Wyld.

Roots of Rock: Thursdays 7-10 pm ET || Mischief Management (with DJ Amethyst): Saturdays 8-11 pm ET
IRC: DJ_Nexus || Gaming Avatars || Facebook/Twitter/Steam/Yahoo: gyronnygeek || Google/Email: gyronnygeek@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:11 pm 
Cape DJ

It's taken me a while to think of a response, because I've been where that young man was, and I've also been where Wyld was that day -- and also where Nexy was that evening. The most important thing is not to give up hope even when you just know that all is lost and there's no point to anything, because that is never true.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:20 pm 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: djonehitwonder
AOL: OneHitWonder+CoH
Ditto.

I've talked many friends off the ledge, and fought my own demons more often than I'd really like to admit.

The night before I went to take my SATs, I got a call at 4am from a hysterical and suicidal friend. I was on the phone with her for 3 hours but I didn't hang up until I was sure she was going to be alright. I probably didn't do as well on the test as I could have, but some things are more important than college scholarships.

Another friend called me while he was driving around drunk, trying to find a bridge he could drive off. I got him to pull over and stayed on the phone with him until I was sure he was sober.

I've wrestled a knife away from a guy twice my size to prevent him from slashing his wrists.

Each of these are people I don't really talk to anymore, but if they called me right now needing me to do it again, I would without hesitation. As I would with anyone who reached out to me for help.

There are more websites and phone numbers that can help in this video:

You might know the lady in this video as Winter Jinx. She's right. It does get better, and we all miss out if you end your life, so never, EVER, give up.

"Some princesses are not content to sit around, waiting to be saved. Some go out looking for trouble. Others drag trouble kicking and screaming down massive towers while painting sparkles and hearts on the walls."

Rewondered - Badly Drawn Designs - Twitter - Facebook

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:20 pm 

(I've been there. I don't have a lot to add except that I've been there and there is a way out of it. Listen to the people above me in this thread.)

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
5 posts • Page 1 of 1