Get Connected:
Now Playing: Listeners:
YOU ARE HERE: Board index » The Cape Radio: We've Got Your Back » The Cape Lounge

It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:41 am
Unanswered posts | Active topics

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
  1  2   
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:45 pm 
Cape DJ

Have any questions or comments about our recent game changes announcement? This is the place to post them!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:58 pm 

Will we be having DJ's broadcasting from Star Trek Online and Neverwinter?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:54 am 
Cape DJ

Yep, DJ shows, advertisements, and more will occur across the Cryptic/PW planescape of CO, TSO, and NW! We understand that not all Capesters play all three games, but at least communication can occur in our global channel should a DJ not be broadcasting in a particular favored game/faction.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:36 am 

if I could make a suggestion regarding any STO shows, I noticed that public instances can fill really fast, you might want to consider finding a fleet with a nice starbase that would be willing to host the DJ or even have a Cape based fleet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:07 pm 

Kenji Rage wrote:
if I could make a suggestion regarding any STO shows, I noticed that public instances can fill really fast, you might want to consider finding a fleet with a nice starbase that would be willing to host the DJ or even have a Cape based fleet.

The only show I've been to that was hosted in STO was done on the DJ's ship, specifically in their lounge area.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:16 am 

Monsoon wrote:
Kenji Rage wrote:

The only show I've been to that was hosted in STO was done on the DJ's ship, specifically in their lounge area.

A starbase has a much better environment for a show I think. even has a dance floor with flashy lights, and a bar.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:13 am 

While I am saddened to hear that the Cape will be turning away from TSW, I can understand that we need to stay where the majority of listeners are playing at.

Know that you will always have dedicated listeners, slaying zombies, mummies, werewolves, vampires and ...worse...while rocking out to you all.

Most Humbly and Respectfully yours,

NarcanGoat

(I hope that those cape listeners and DJ's who actually play TSW, continue to do so...'tis a fine game, and it is always a joy to bump into a fellow Capester!)

*bows, and dashes off to smite more evil in TSW*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:21 pm 

I may have to figure out how to play STO again. Since they made some significant changes a fair while back, I never really did figure out what all they did.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:14 pm 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: brspheonyx
Mrwrk wrote:
I may have to figure out how to play STO again. Since they made some significant changes a fair while back, I never really did figure out what all they did.

And you could make a Caitian chaos kitten :D

Note to STO players: Season 8, which just released today (Nov. 12), has a new revamped Federation tutorial. I've tested it out on Tribble (test server) and it's pretty good and also brings it up to par with the updated Klingon tutorial and the tutorial for the Romulans which both released in the free Legacy of Romulus expansion.

Ashes to ashes,
DJ Pheonyx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:43 am 

DJ Pheonyx wrote:
And you could make a Caitian chaos kitten :D

Yup. I has one. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:39 am 

Yay!!!! Now Attercap can now have real catgirls in STO hehe. By the way, watch the claws, very sharp. Howdy folks. :)

Starbases do make a great places for shows. Fed Side has quite a bit of star bases we can go to shows at. Besides the Earth star base, there's K7 base, star base 135 or 139 (can't remember the number off hand) near the Romulan space area. Then you have the DS9 with both Feds and Klingon sides. The Ferringi base that has the "Night of the Comet' mission, near K7, which also catters to both sides. Also having a DJ or any STO capester player ship to host a show would work too. Once you are in the "Bridge" and invite to bridge, you can invite as many as you can to what ever the max is as you can on the ship, due to it becomes its own instance. I think the max is what 75 peeps or something like that.

I remember one of the DJs, awhile back, did a show on his ship, turned out great. Also for RP propose bridge invites would be cool too.

Cheers,
Cora

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:25 am 

I"m curious if there's any kind of plan in regards to fleets and fleet starbases in STO? If we follow the CO model where the DJs have their own group and everyone else does whatever then should the DJ fleet want to upgrade their starbase it could take considerable time due to their small member base. (There's also the fact that currently very few DJs seem to be "active" in a game outside of their time slot so it would take even longer.) Another issue are the factions, to my understanding fleet starbases are faction specific and locked. So if shows are going to be held at fleet starbases there would need to be two fleets for balance, "fairness", equal opportunity, etc. (Romulans wind up allying with one of the factions and I don't know how they're handled prior to that in terms of fleet stuff.)

Steam: madmarker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:20 pm 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: brspheonyx
Cora Carmino wrote:

Starbases do make a great places for shows. Fed Side has quite a bit of star bases we can go to shows at. Besides the Earth star base, there's K7 base, star base 135 or 139 (can't remember the number off hand) near the Romulan space area. Then you have the DS9 with both Feds and Klingon sides. The Ferringi base that has the "Night of the Comet' mission, near K7, which also catters to both sides. Also having a DJ or any STO capester player ship to host a show would work too. Once you are in the "Bridge" and invite to bridge, you can invite as many as you can to what ever the max is as you can on the ship, due to it becomes its own instance. I think the max is what 75 peeps or something like that.

I remember one of the DJs, awhile back, did a show on his ship, turned out great. Also for RP propose bridge invites would be cool too.

Cheers,
Cora

Ship bridge instance cap is 20, but is a private thing and makes it pretty insular and not very open to getting new listeners. This also makes an extra task for the DJs, since it would be their ship and would have to handle invites. I've seen it done before by other STO radio stations such as Trek Radio and Subspace Radio, so it is not unheard of. Also, I believe that bridges and bridge invites are faction specific (Fed or KDF only; Romulan bridges are gated to whatever faction they choose at around Level 10.

Drozana Station (from "Night of the Comet" mission) is the Club Caprice/Pocket D of STO... in terms of ERP and griefers. There is a reason they moved the mission door for several of the Devidian arc missions to right next to the transporter pad where you beam onto the station... and it's the comparison to Club Caprice/Pocket D that I mentioned earlier.

The Event instance of Risa (which while the event is not operational until summer, the map is available all year around, but the lowest level to get there is 10) is a very nice map, but prone to griefers. Same with DS9 and Quarks, but the griefing has dropped off a bit, yet does still occur. The event instance is cross faction.

Starbase 381 is actually a fleet starbase run by the 26th Praetorian Fleet. You have to be invited to their starbase to enter, but they opened up their base for RPers to come and have a griefer-free RP location. However, fleet events at the base take precedence over their "Open RP Base" experiment, so they aren't always running the open RP. 381, as with any starbase, is gated by faction (Fed or Klingon; 381 is a Federation starbase)

Earth Spacedock (or ESD) has a club in it, but since it is a major hub for players, there are always a good number of instances which listeners may not be able to get to shows for. Another thing is that it is Fed only.

Starfleet Academy is a nice map, but gets busy during certain hourly events, and is used as a secondary services hub since it has the same services as ESD (Exchange, Bank, Tailor). However, it is Fed only like ESD.

Hope this helps.

Ashes to ashes,
DJ Pheonyx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:12 pm 
Cape DJ

Just for the record, there's no level gate for DS9- it just takes a bit to get there if you aren't a terribly high level.

The good news is getting place to place in the game isn't hostile- you'll only engage in combat if you WANT to be, which makes it nice and friendly (in that regard).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:01 pm 
Station Manager

WLM: halfelven_rogue@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: fair_hero
AOL: Miss+Dralyn
Facebook: Angelkins
Twitter: Kryssieness
I hosted a show in my ship's bridge to determine a few things, including cross-faction ability. Bridges are cross-faction, HOWEVER! If you are a Klingon on a Federation bridge, the NPCs are attackable, but I wouldn't recommend it as it would call all NPCs to come and kill you. Could be entertaining to watch, but probably frustrating.

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Onjeleekah & Dhegso | Minecraft: Kryssieness
Twitter: @Kryssieness | Facebook: Angelkins | Skype: crymson_fate | YIM: fair_hero | Steam: Angelcakes
dA | Patreon

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
16 posts 1  2