Get Connected:
Now Playing: Listeners:
YOU ARE HERE: Board index » The Cape Radio: City of Heroes » CoH: Fiction and Roleplay

It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:48 am
Unanswered topics | Active topics

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:19 am 
Cape DJ

Yahoo Messenger: djonehitwonder
AOL: OneHitWonder+CoH
She couldn't do it. She had thought she had built up the courage, but now here she stood outside his door, and she couldn't do it. Telling him would change everything. She could lose him as a friend, and she just couldn't bear that. But keeping this locked up inside was killing her. She took a deep breath. She had to. She couldn't keep silent anymore. Squaring her shoulders, she quickly knocked on the door, before her courage failed her again. It opened almost immediately and her breath caught in her throat upon seeing his face. A smile lit it up when he saw who was standing on his doorstep, and her heart skipped a beat.

"Hi! I wasn't expecting you to stop by."

She smiled back at him, "I was in the neighborhood."

He laughed at that. "Ah, slumming again, huh?"

"Only because you won't move to a nicer place." She winked at him, easily slipping into their usual banter, despite her still pounding heart.

"Well come in then, before you get mugged."

"Ah, but if I did, you'd save me. You're my hero." She batted her eyelashes at him as she stepped past him into the condo.

"Anything for a damsel in distress." He flexed his muscles and waggled his eyebrows at her. Giggling, she walked into the living room and took a seat on the couch. "Can I get you a drink?" he asked, heading into the kitchen.

"Sure, I'll have the usual," she called after him.
In no time he was back, handing her a glass and taking a seat next to her on the couch. "So how goes?"

She took a sip before answering. "Pretty good. Can't complain too much. You?"

"Same here." They settled into a comfortable silence as they enjoyed their drinks and each other's company. She glanced over at him, studying his profile. She wondered how he'd react when she told him. What would he do, say? She stared down into her glass, nervously tapping her fingers against the side. "Are you okay?" His question startled her, nearly causing her to drop the glass. She quickly set it down on the coffee table. "I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Yeah." She stood up and walked over to the CD rack. She ran a finger along the cases, randomly reading the occasional title. He set his own glass down and followed her over, placing a hand on her shoulder and gently turning her to face him. "You know you can tell me anything."

She looked up into his eyes. "Can I?"

"Of course, that's what friends are for."

"Friends, right." She turned away again.

"Hey," he grabbed both her shoulders this time, turning her around again. "Talk to me."

She stared at the floor. "I can't."

He gently lifted her chin with a finger, bringing her eyes up to meet his, filled with concern. "Yes you can." She stared at him, and tears filled her eyes. He pulled her into a hug. "You're scaring me, babe. What's wrong?"

"I can't tell you," she sobbed. "It would ruin everything." She broke free of his embrace and began pacing. "Our friendship, our working relationship... just everything."

"Nothing you could say would ever ruin our friendship. I will always be your friend. Always."

"Well maybe I don't want you to be my friend anymore."

"You don't want to be friends?"

"No! Yes, of course I want to be friends. It's just that..." she trailed off in frustration, turning away from him.

"I'm really confused here. Can you please enlighten the big dumb guy?"

She spun around to face him again. "I love you, okay?" She clapped a hand over her mouth. He looked stunned. She choked on a sob and ran past him, heading for the front door. He moved faster than he ever had before, blocking her path and pulling her to him. "It's about time," he murmured, as his lips took possession of hers. It took her mind a moment to register that he was actually kissing her, but once it clicked she returned the kiss with equal fervor. He scooped her up in his arms and carried her into his bedroom.

She snuggled in his arms, happier than she'd ever been. "So, I'm guessing by that performance that my little confession was a welcome one?" He chuckled. "Oh, most definitely. I've been waiting for some sign that you were ready to take our relationship to the next level."

"Yeah, this is a pretty good sign, I'd say." She giggled, propping herself up on her elbows so she could look down into his beloved face. "And relationship, huh?"

He kissed her nose. "Yep. Long-term relationship. Because now that I have you, I'm never letting you go."

"The tabloids are going to have a field day with this, you know."

"Yeah, and our friends are going to freak out."

"Maybe... maybe we should keep it secret. Not that I'm ashamed of you or anything like that. It's just that I'd like to savor this for awhile. Keep you to myself. Do you know what I mean?" She bit her bottom lip, worried that he'd take it the wrong way.

He smiled at her and pulled her down for another kiss. "I know exactly what you mean. It's enough that I know you're mine. The world can wait. But you know what can't wait? Me showing you again just how much I love you." He kissed her again.

It was much, much later when she finally left the condo, slipping through the early morning shadows unseen and quietly letting herself into her own home, unnoticed.

"Some princesses are not content to sit around, waiting to be saved. Some go out looking for trouble. Others drag trouble kicking and screaming down massive towers while painting sparkles and hearts on the walls."

Rewondered - Badly Drawn Designs - Twitter - Facebook

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:58 am 
Cape DJ

((Okay, a little hint for those trying to figure out who this is about: This actually happened about 7-8 months ago. And the guy in the story knows who he is ;) ))

"Some princesses are not content to sit around, waiting to be saved. Some go out looking for trouble. Others drag trouble kicking and screaming down massive towers while painting sparkles and hearts on the walls."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:43 am 

Yahoo Messenger: miriel_kitsune
[[Are you ever going to tell us? Please? :)]]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:01 am 
Cape DJ

(( Just bumping this because I was talking about it with someone, and realized I never did say it was Wondie and Posty in the story :) ))

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
4 posts • Page 1 of 1